Friday 13 July 2007

Jalie - 2682 Top

This is a very comfortable Jalie top, fabric from Timmel Fabrics. It was sew easy to make. The pattern sleeve design is for long sleeves or no sleeves, I wanted a 3/4 sleeve, so I made mine 3/4 sleeves, and I am very happy with the look. The bodice / neckline was a very different technique but if you trust and just do as the instructions say, it actually does work out. The colour blocking on the bodice was initially an"oops", but I like it that way, so I did the back to match it too. I will be making this top again.
Pattern Review:
Pattern Description:
V- Neck Top, with / without zipper. Raised neckline, with/without sleeves.
Pattern Sizing: This pattern has 27 sizes. Great for mother - daughter.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? The top looks exactly like the picture on the pattern.
*** I should also mention, pattern piece B - Front Bodice, view B, no zipper, has to be cut out x2, Front bodice is doubled. I assumed one piece would end up as the inside and the other the outside of the garment. So I decided I would cut the one piece out of a plain black knit and the other one out of a floral knit, and this would make a nice contrast. To my surprise when I sewed them as instructed and turned them, I had the black knit on the right side (in and out) and the floral on the left (in and out)............ I actually really like the Top like that, so I blocked the back bodice to match the front.
Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were very easy. The technique to sew the neckline / front bodice is somewhat different, however it's just a matter reading and doing as instructed and it works out.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the style. The fit is very flattering. The neckline is low, but I wear a tank underneath.
Fabric Used: Black and white floral knit.
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: The only design change I made was: I made 3/4 length sleeves instead of long sleeves, (or no sleeves), and I shortened the top by 2 1/4".
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I definetely will sew it again, and I definetely recommend this pattern.
Conclusion Great pattern, wonderful fit, easy and quick to sew.
See Pattern Review : http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?readreview=1&ID=20087

No comments: